Once in a while, I peek into my fridge and pull a meal together from the motley ingredients available. This is a necessary skill to have in graduate school. Although I'm not quite a starving student, I often don't have the luxury of time or resources to have a ton of fresh ingredients available (unlike those cooking show hosts).
Last week, I had green onion, yoghurt in the fridge and salmon steaks in the freezer. so I pulsed the a few sprigs of green onion and a couple of cloves garlic with the yoghurt and marinated the salmon steaks in the beautifully creamy pale green mixture. Yoghurt is traditionally used as a marinade for its acidic and hence tenderizing properties. The fatty salmon steak didn't really need that but the slight tanginess of my marinade cut the richness of the salmon to perfection. I guess you'll just have to take my word for it...
~ s
1 comment:
I believe you... it looks intense, but good I'm sure. Your yogurt sauce with pulsed green onion and garlic sounds yumm. Next time try with lamb!
Post a Comment